6/19/2009

Friday Morning Reading

This weekend marks an oval only weekend for North American junior formula drivers. Star Mazda is competing at the historic Milwaukee Mile and the Indy Lights are running at Iowa Speedway. I will be making the trek to Newton, IA. on Saturday for the Indy Lights race--- so my coverage will be slim this weekend. Make sure to check my Twitter account for a few live updates. I will be sending updates, via text, from my phone when possible.

Star Mazda- Milwaukee Mile

Star Mazda at Milwaukee- The official preview.

Dave Kallmann of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reminds stock car fans to keep an open mind for open wheel.

Indy Lights- Iowa Speedway

Dave Lewandowski of IndyCar.com writes a preview entitled Another Short Challenge.

Dan Davis of the Newton Daily News put together a nice piece on the history of the Indy Lights series.

Indy Lights driver Charlie Kimball talks about his return home after racing in Europe as well as his diagnosis of Type-1 diabetes in 2007 in this week's Des Moines Register. You can listen to the live chat with Kimball here.
_________

Well that's all for now. I'm off to play a quick round of golf and pack my bag for Iowa. Have a great weekend everyone.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: