5/13/2009

Josef Newgarden To Attend Indy 500

After the postponement and subsequent re-scheduling of the Donington Park Round of the MSA British Formula Ford series, Josef Newgarden decided to take an early vacation back to the United States. It certainly turned out to be good timing for family ties, as the 18-year-old was able to make it stateside in time to wish his mother a Happy Mother's Day.

Josef's return home also coincides with the Indianapolis 500, which he plans to take in during his time off. He will also be a guest of the Firestone Indy Lights program for the Freedom 100 next weekend as an extension of his 2008 Team USA Scholarship. Although there is no official confirmation available, rumors are starting to fly that he may get behind the wheel of a Indy Lights car at some point later this year. When asked about the rumor, Newgarden stated...
"In 2009 my number one priority is the MSA Formula Ford Series of Great Britain. Forging a path to F1 over the next one to five years is my main mission. However, as long as I am in the states during May, I figured I could take the opportunity to learn all I can about INDY either from the cockpit or pit road."
After my brief correspondence with the rising American Star, I must say, I'm thoroughly impressed with his professionalism and drive. Perhaps even more impressive is his down-to-earth mentality and his gratitude towards all who support him. Whether or not Josef's racing endeavors lead him back to North America remains to be seen, but one thing is certain; he will give 100% wherever his career path leads him.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: